We defend our customers’ networks through visibility, accurate detection and rapid response.
A distributed denial of service (DDOS) attack can temporarily interrupt legitimate users from accessing an application by flooding a target with high volumes of traffic originating from multiple sources. Attacks of this type can be time consuming to mitigate and the resulting downtime can cause significant financial penalty for clients. As a responsible service provider, Expedient offers DDOS mitigation as part of its Internet access at no additional charge.
Expedient has implemented our solution in a layered approach:
- We block high risk protocols and ports most commonly used for attacks at our border.
- We use remotely triggered black hole (RTB) filtering technology on our border routers to automatically reject suspicious traffic as quickly as possible.
- We use NetFlow signatures, encompassing more than a dozen threat characteristics, to only filter suspicious traffic flows and leave legitimate traffic untouched.
Expedient utilizes both passive and active tactics to identify and mitigate potentially service impacting events before they become intrusive. These measures are in place to recover quickly and minimize exposure in cases where individual clients are targeted.
The Outcome You're Looking For℠
Inspect network traffic to identify malicious packets.
- MULTIPLE METHODS OF DEFENSE
- Known Malicious Hosts – curated lists of compromised hosts
- Application-layer Exploits – botnets, malware and more
- Web-based Threats – HTTP-specific attacks
- Domain Name System (DNS) – cache poisoning, resource exhaustion and amplification
- Reflection and Amplification – protocol vulnerabilities like NTP, SSL, SNMP and more