Safeguard data center colocation cabinets with an additional enclosure.
Moving critical assets—hardware, software and/or data—to a service provider can lead to concerns about securing and auditing physical access that may have previously been within 100% control of the organization.
A SlimLine Cage for colocation from Expedient offers accessibility, control and value by creating a third level perimeter around critical information technology assets. A SlimLine Cage delivers several advantages as compared to traditional cages:
- Accessibility – roll-up doors provide access from any angle to maintain consistent airflow supporting hot/cold aisle configurations
- Control – electronic lock options record access by Expedient personnel for granular audit logging useful for a variety of industry and government compliance mandates
- Value – the construction profile closely matches the cabinets it surrounds to minimize the square footage (up to 25% savings), providing considerable cost
A SLIMLINE CAGE OFFERS ACCESSIBILITY, CONTROL AND VALUE TO COLOCATION ARRANGEMENTS
SlimLine Cages are built using a collection of posts, panels and doors that can be tailored according to client specifications and feature:
- Rugged Construction
- Flexible Configuration (starting with as few as 4 cabinets)
- Rapid Delivery (weeks instead of months as compared to traditional cages)
- Electronic Locking (Optional)
Standard Expedient physical security controls include the following additional features:
- 24x7x365 On-Site Expedient Staff
- Visitor Identity Authorization and Best-practice Badging
- Escort-only Access Throughout Building for Visitors
- Biometric Access Control Perimeter Managed by Expedient Staff
- Video Surveillance and Best-practice Retention
The SlimLine Cage is a patent pending innovation from Expedient.