When utilizing the services of a hosting provider, you’re entrusting your critical systems to a third party. While working with a trustworthy hosting provider brings many benefits, it’s important that your partner can ensure your data will remain secure. Part of security means the ability to depend on expert staff who are on site, 24x7x365.
Hosting providers that function as vendors, rather than partners, often cannot guarantee proper escalation in the event of a problem with your environment. Questions regarding services are usually directed to an 800 support number, and customers are not always able to reach a living, breathing technical support representative who can assist.
What should you expect from your hosting partner?
- Facilities are monitored 24x7x365 with motion-detecting CCTV cameras located within the data center as well as on the perimeter of the facility. Video is digitally recorded by DVR and stored for 120 days.
- All security information, camera feeds and entry tracking data is continuously monitored.. Network, power, cooling and fire suppression are also monitored. Staff is on-site and available 24x7x365.
- Each data center is accessible only by a single point of entry and exit. All visitors are visually identified and required to provide a driver’s license or other photo identification before being granted access. Visitors are escorted into and out of the facility by an Expedient staff member.
- All areas of the facility are individually segmented with badge-secured doors, two-factor authentication and biometric hand scanning systems.
- A thorough hiring policy is in place to make sure that only the best and most trustworthy join the team. This process covers all employees and contractors and includes mandatory drug testing and full background checks.
Working with a provider that has expert, on-site staff will help alleviate unauthorized access issues. An around-the-clock support center will assure you that the data center facility housing your environment is under constant surveillance. In addition, you’ll be able to trust that experts are watching your environment and will be available when you need them and in the event of an emergency.