Our hands, at your direction.
Subscription to colocation service includes remote hands capability from the 24x7 Expedient Operations Support Center (OSC). The capabilities made available as part of the standard service at no additional cost generally include the list below:
- Visual verification of device status including cable positions, LED colors and similar efforts for troubleshooting as requested by customer
- Connection of a console port/monitor to determine status of an unreachable device
- Pushing buttons or toggling switches as directed by customer
- Resetting or power cycling a device as directed by customer
- Moving or securing a single cable as mutually determined by customer and Expedient, but only at the customer’s direction
- Replacing or verifying proper operation of Expedient-provided cross connects
- Facilitating access by third-party vendors as required by the customer on a temporary basis
Other similar capabilities can be made available by Expedient as mutually agreed upon between the customer and the OSC. To make a standard remote hands request, customers should contact the OSC and establish a request describing the work to be completed. Requirements for additional support can be included in managed service agreements, but may also be obtained on an ad-hoc basis.