The physical hardware that a cloud is built from has a direct effect on quality of service. With cloud platforms based on the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 product family, Expedient has created an agile, efficient and scalable foundation.
Using Intel’s Cloud technology not only enables better performance, but also lowers resource costs for your business which allows you to deliver greater benefits and service to customers.
Expedient customers are seeing performance gains in areas including the migration from previous cloud platform generations to the current generation 5 platform based on the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2.
What are some benefits that customers see as a result of utilizing the Expedient cloud based on the Intel technology?
• More computing power to spikes in your workload.
• Fast encryption with Intel® Data Protection Technology (with Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions [AES-NI]
• Enhanced technical computing performance with Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions
• Pervasive encryption by reducing the associated performance penalties with Intel® Data Protection Technology (with Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI).
• Protection on the OS from escalation of privileged attacks with Intel® Platform Protection Technology (with OS Guard).
• Visibility, control, and compliance by ensuring your cloud workloads run on trusted compute pools , enabled by using Intel® Platform Protection Technology (with Trusted Execution Technology [TXT]
Several technologies allow Expedient to optimize data throughput and overall performance:
• Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
• Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology
• New and improved Intel® I/O technologies
• New and enhanced Intel® virtualization technologies
• Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel® AVX)
• Intel® Advanced Encryption Standard- New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI).