Is it time to explore a data center hosting solution?
As your company grows and your computing needs evolve, you may find yourself facing the all too familiar dilemma of build vs. buy:
- To Build – Build upon or remediate your existing in-house data center, relying on the expertise and resources of your internal IT staff to ensure the availability and security of your system.
- To Buy – Employ the services of a data center provider, freeing up internal resources, and relying on their expert service and support to ensure the viability of your computing network.
While both sides offer their own unique set of advantages, for many small to midsize companies the argument for seeking the services of a data center provider can be compelling. Not only do theses services reduce (or in many scenarios eliminate) the expenses associated with investing, maintaining and upgrading your IT infrastructure. But, through data center providers like Expedient, you also benefit from the services and expertise of an in-house group of technicians – whose central focus is the security, availability and maintenance of your applications and mission critical data.
Compare the differences between an in-house data center and an Expedient enterprise grade data center. Download the Expedient Not all Data Centers are Created Equal Guide. for more information.
4 Points to Consider when evaluating the Build vs. Buy scenario
As you explore the advantages of seeking the services of a third-party data center solution, Expedient has developed this list of questions to consider:
- Is your data growing exponentially?
- As your computing demands continue to grow over time, chances are that any in-house infrastructure investments you make today will be obsolete in just a few years. On the other hand, a data center solution, with its on-demand resources, allows you to scale your infrastructure to meet your computing and data storage demands as they evolve – while only paying for the resources you use.
- Is your equipment reaching the end of its life?
- As your current in-house equipment becomes obsolete, virtualization, colocation and cloud computing solutions from a third party data center can offer a viable, more cost effective, and more secure alternative.
- Do you need high availability and disaster recovery for a critical application?
- Unless you have the system, infrastructure and redundant backup security solutions in place, your mission critical applications are at risk. A data center provider can help you design a solution to ensure that your systems remain continuously available and secure.
- Are you thinking about moving to the cloud?
- Deciding on the most effective way to move to a virtualized or cloud computing environment can be overwhelming. Expedient’s data center engineers are able to make this a smooth transition – and help you decide which systems are best suited for the cloud.
Learn more about the advantages of a data center solution provider. Visit Expedient for more information.