Operations Support Center (OSC)
The Operations Support Center (OSC) is the focal point for management and monitoring of the Expedient network 24x7x365.
With the assistance of cutting edge visualization software the OSC proactively ensures reliability of the network and reacts to unplanned events. It is primarily responsible for problem resolution and coordinates troubleshooting internally and with third parties. The OSC also facilitates the Expedient change management process ensuring timely and accurate communication of scheduled maintenance events.
There are several performance management systems in use by the OSC:
- Facility Monitoring Applications - on screen view of data center mechanical systems including environmental and fire suppression
- Network Device Monitoring Applications - availability, health and circuit utilization statistics of backbone, core and customer premise devices
- System Device Monitoring Applications - availability, health and network interface utilization statistics of devices. Also, application-level resource utilization for specific operating systems
- Node Database - relational tracking of all customer contact information, devices, device attributes, network IP assignments, etc.
- Event Aggregator - consolidated view of alerts generated by all systems with visual and audible cues based upon incident severity
- Trouble Ticketing - severity and priority tracking of all proactive and reactive incidents with daily, weekly and monthly exception reporting
Expedient OSC analysts and engineers are cross-trained in multiple technology disciplines preparing them to respond to a variety of incidents that may occur on the network. Subject matter experts are also sometimes consulted to achieve incident resolution.
Support Management Console
At Expedient, we're committed to ensuring that both your service and our expertise are always available.
That's why we created the Support Management Console (SMC); a key feature of the support experience.
Use it to:
- Gain visibility to your service related requests. Create new ones, track updates (or add your own) and review history;
- Manage authorized users' contact information, permissions, facility access, notification preferences and more;
- Stay up-to-date with archived notifications that provide details about planned maintenance, unplanned event root cause analysis and other service related information;
- Leverage resources to share files, view usage patterns, edit service attributes like DNS and obtain escalation information;
- And, view your account information and subscription services.
We'll continue to add new features that will give you more visibility and control over your services than ever before.
Current customers should contact the Operations Support Center for account activation.
Login to the SMC at https://support.expedient.com.